What Are The Basic Components of an Alarm System (Part 2)
This post is a continuation of What Are The Basic Components of an Alarm System (Part 1)
Lately, we have gone through the following:
– The alarm central
◦ What is the central alarm system?
◦ How does an alarm central work?
– The alarm detector
◦ Alarm detector: the different types
◦ Where to install your alarm detectors?
This new post will now continue with:
– The different types of motion detectors
◦ Motion detector for harsh environments
◦ Motion detector for narrow work-pieces
◦ Pet motion detector
◦ Vertical motion detector
◦ Opening detector
The different types of motion detectors
If you wish to equip yourself with a motion detector, you should know that there are different types of motion detectors to adapt to your type of home and to all types of intrusion.
Our advice gives you an overview of the different motion detectors and their characteristics.
Motion detectors in difficult environments
If you place your motion detector outside your home, choose a detector in a difficult environment:
– It works in cellars, garages, or attics.
– It resists humidity very well and can be fixed to the wall.
– It detects undesirable presence before any attempted burglary.
– Its surveillance field extends from 8 to 10 ms at an angle of 75° to 90°.
– It signals your presence by sound signals on a central unit, connected to the inside of your home.
– Its price: from $235.
Motion detector for narrow rooms
The motion detector for narrow rooms ensures the protection of your home:
– It is dedicated to the surveillance of narrow and long rooms.
– It can be fixed to the wall, flat or at an angle, except for corridors.
– In case of intrusion, it detects by infrared radiation the intruder and transmits the information to the central unit.
– Its price: from $50.
Pet motion detector
The pet motion detector ensures the protection of your interior in the presence of your pet:
– It distinguishes the presence of a human from that of an animal by means of a specific lens and electronic filtering.
– Its specific features take into account your pet’s body temperature, which is more homogeneous than that of a human, and the fact that it moves closer to the ground.
– This detector may also not be triggered when it detects smaller animals such as rodents.
– It can be mounted on the wall, flat, or at an angle.
– Its price: starting at $130.
Vertical motion detector
The vertical motion detector, with reduced dimensions:
– is suitable for monitoring doors and windows, inside and outside;
– is also equipped with a roller shutter detector that monitors any attempt to lift the shutter;
– its price: from $110.
The opening detector allows:
– to detect the opening of an exit, such as a door, a gate, or a window;
– to signal any opening to your control panel;
– its price: from $120.
After reading the two posts from part 1 to part 2 on The Basic Components of an Alarm System, you will now have a better idea of what you were actually looking for in-home security. Please, remember to share this post and leave your comments. Should you wish to read on something in particular, please jot down your request in the comment section below, and we shall revert back to you with as much information as possible while encouraging our readers to share their life experiences and staying posted on our blog.