Tips for Choosing Your Home Alarm Company (Part 1)
Did you know that a large percentage of people decide to buy an alarm monitoring system when their security has already been compromised? Therefore, if you came to this article, you, a family member, friend or acquaintance may have recently been exposed to a risk situation, such as theft or attempted theft, in your home. Or, it is also possible that you are part of that small percentage of people who believe in the culture of prevention and who want to inform themselves before choosing a supplier company.
Although technology today offers a wide variety of possibilities to protect our daily environment, the truth is that only specialists in the electronic security industry know in depth which companies, systems and brands of alarm monitoring are the most recommended on the market. The choice of the system and the company best suited to your needs must be based on analyzing different variables, like the type of home to be protected, its location (if it is a rural or urban area), etc.
If you are indeed considering installing an alarm monitoring system, you may be wondering where to start? And the answer to this question is: make the best possible choice of the company you will hire. Not sure how to proceed? No worries! Below, we list aspects that you should consider when choosing your alarm company.
Identify the Companies Available
This is the first aspect to consider before you start evaluating your options in terms of price; why? Because despite the large number of alarm monitoring companies that can offer these solutions – at least in large and mid-size cities – they tend to be more present in some areas of the country.
Practically that means that if they are not as strong in your city:
They have fewer response personnel, and, to that extent, their coverage will not be as good.
The monitoring center may be located in another city, in which case transmission delays and communication failures may be longer, resulting in a slower response time.
So, first of all, ask the experts for advice on the strongest or largest companies in your city.
– Contact the monitoring companies that best meet the criteria in the previous point and find out about:
– Its coverage area in the city where the place it seeks to protect is located because apart from the fact that these companies have a more significant presence in some cities, the same is right for different areas of the city.
– How many years of experience does the company have, and does it have highly qualified personnel in security.
– Find out enough about the intervention personnel’s capabilities, the number of rounds available, the additional services included and find out about the intervention protocols (estimated reaction time, actions to be deployed, etc.).
– Determine whether the options being considered are within your budget. A system in this category requires an investment on your part, which does not necessarily have to be high, but keep in mind that suspiciously cheap options will never be the best choice.
Choosing the Cheapest Option Is Not the Best One
We insist on this aspect, which is, in fact, one of the big problems in the alarm monitoring market today, because the truth is that it is possible to get equipment for very cheap alarm systems.
But when it comes to your loved ones’ safety and your property, it is better to invest a little more.
Suppose a company offers you a price that is too low compared to the various options available on the market. In that case, it only means that the equipment is not of the best quality. It will not offer the level of security you need, that it does not have enough intervention personnel and that it may not have adequate intervention protocols. In this case, more than in others, the popular expression “cheap is expensive” is very accurate.
Now you know where to start making the right choice when deciding which company to partner with for your home alarm system. Check out our next article for more tips on choosing your alarm system provider.